We have recently completed work on the regeneration of King George Playing Field in Norton-on-Derwent.
Being a popular leisure space for local adults and children alike, we were challenged with enhancing the space to create an environment that would provide entertainment for children of all ages and abilities, as well as adding to the existing range of fitness equipment on site to encourage a healthy body and mind through physical activity.
Kevin Sellwood, Area Sales Manager at Sutcliffe Play, said: “The nature of the brief meant that we needed to ensure the whole space came together in an appealing way, incorporating new elements that would fit with kit that was already in place.
“Our Bodys outdoor gym equipment is hard-wearing, easy to use, and perfect for customers looking to get visitors engaged with exercise, while enjoying natural surroundings.”
Bodys equipment at the site includes:
- Rider – designed to strengthen the muscles of the arms, abdomen and legs, the Rider features a seat for the user with handles to hold onto, and platforms for feet placement. Users must straighten their legs and at the same time pull the handles together, for an effective workout.
- Romper – for users looking to strengthen muscles in the legs and abdomen, the Romper accommodates one user standing. Users hold the handles and move their legs as far to one side or the other as possible for maximum impact.
- Cross Country Skier – strengthens the muscles of the arms, legs and torso. Users must stand on the platforms, hold the handles and move their legs in a forwards and backwards motion. The Cross Country Skier also helps to improve motor coordination and has a positive effect on the circulatory-respiratory system.
- Bike – replicating the functionality of a traditional gym bike, riders sit on the seat and hold the handles whilst placing their feet on the pedals. Users then move their legs as if on a traditional bike. The Bike is ideal for strengthening the muscles of the lower limbs and helping to improve circulation.
For children visiting the Playing Field, Sutcliffe Play has introduced a range of play options, including inclusive pieces, to keep children entertained:
- Bike Springie – an imaginative, fun to ride springie with easy grip hand and foot holds, and anti-slip ends. This unit is easy to maintain as the spring can be easily removed from the top and bottom fixings.
- Wind Rider – an inclusive, surf board themed product, the Wind Rider encourages young children to develop their balancing, coordination and social skills. Finished with a slip resistant coating, the ‘surf board’ sits on a rocking bearing, allowing a controlled range of movements, and a handle provides the user with support.
- Inclusive Scooter Roundabout – offering functionality and durability without compromising on fun, this roundabout offers children and carers the opportunity to enjoy the experience of spinning. Designed to accommodate a wheelchair, the roundabout has the capacity for two users to sit, with upwards of two standing if needed. Bump stops on both sides of the base enable users to apply wheelchair brakes. The bearing mechanism also means the roundabout is free running for over two minutes, giving users the chance to enjoy the fun.
- Small Seesaw – a seesaw for younger children, which also enables adults to sit or stand with a child to assist with balance.
For more information or to order a catalogue visit: https://www.sutcliffeplay.co.uk/contact-us/our-catalogue-brochures/ or call +44 (0)1977 653 200.