Our new wooden multi play units use the key elements of the original Orchard range, but feature a more flexible deck system and a range of new activities and configurations. The interface of timber and steel also has more built in tolerance.
The Maple wooden multi play unit incorporates a circular deck at 1.5 m high and a leaf deck at 1.2 m, it has traversing opportunities between the two via a curved leaf bridge. With a total of ten activities this wooden multi play unit has a wide range of incremental physical challenge and areas to interact socially, increasingly important as children as they develop social skills.
10 Play Activities
- A challenging climbing wall gives the unit a presence on presentations, while offering a climbing activity associated with more expensive units.
- A leaf step access echoes the climbing grips, but with enough room for a foot, it makes the climb slightly easier while still having to coordinate to accommodate a ‘spiral’ ascent.
- Two leaf bridges which curve one way then another requires balance and coordination.
- Vertical climb accessing the centre of the two leaf bridges.
- A peg climber is situated half way across the leaf bridge enabling a quick entrance or exit.
- A suspended hammock positioned at one end of the unit provides a rope net perch for children to sit and talk.
- Inclined ladder gives direct access to the hammock and braces the hammock.
- An inclined log notch climber, adds to the range of access, step by step.
- Pole grips enable a vertical ascent on to a leaf platform.
- Slide bars help the user to get back to ground level with speed and exhilaration.